Tips & Tricks
Useful information about your VAUDE product, instructions and background information.
Care & Maintenance
We are proud of our products. They are made with a passion for design and with high quality materials. Nevertheless, or precisely because of this, our products also need appropriate care in order to function optimally over the long term.
If your panniers get wet, they should be thoroughly dried; otherwise, mold or mildew can develop and leave behind stains. To dry them, hang them up in a well-ventilated area.
Dirt and stains are best removed with a damp sponge. If a bag gets really grimy, you can clean it under running water. Try to remove any metal parts you can – otherwise, rust stains can form. Do not dry clean panniers or try to clean them in a washing machine!
Here you can find information on product care and maintenance.
All VAUDE products have a statutory warranty period of two years. For all “Made in Germany” products, we have even extended this to five years.
Repair, don´t replace
Bike Bag Attachment
To provide practical insight into how to mount our VAUDE bike bags, we’ve created some video tutorials. Have fun taking a look!
The basic rule for longer tours: “Less is more”. You should think carefully about what you really need. Never overstuff your bags. It’s important to have some spare room – when the weather changes you’ll need a place to quickly stow your jacket and you might pick up something new along the way. You’ll decide where to pack things based on the weight of your gear and when you’ll be using it next, taking into account how it will affect your bike handling when fully loaded.
Tip: Go on a trial run with your bags fully loaded in similar terrain to your planned adventure. You’ll find out right away where you need to make adjustments.
Tip: What do you really need for your next bike tour? Check out the VAUDE Checklist for important information about the topic.
- Two separate bags at the back
- Handlebar / saddle / pack bag at the front
- Water bottle and cage
- Optional: GPS
- Bike shoes
- Bike socks
- Bike shorts
- Long pants or leg warmers
- Arm warmers
- Rain pants
- Rain jacket or rainproof wind jacket
- Helm, optional: Buff or other neck gaiter
- Off-day clothing
- Optional: Bike shoes and overshoes
Camping and Cooking Gear
- Sleeping bag
- Sleeping pad
- Tent repair set
- Stove and fuel
- Dishes and cutlery
- Cup, plate, pots
- Herbs/spices, salt, pepper
- Folding water container
- Water filter
- Dish towel
- Dish soap and a sponge
Health and Hygiene
- First aid kit and medicines
- Wash bag and personal hygiene items
- Microfiber hand towel
- Insect repellent
- Ointment for wounds / sports balm
- Toilet paper
Tools and Spare Parts
- Repair kit
- Spare tube
- Tire glue
- Duct tape
- Folding spare tire
- Chain tool and spoke wrench
- Combination wrench
- Spare screws
- Spare spokes
- Spare brake and derailleur cables
- Spare brake pads
- Replacement chain links
- Sunglasses and case
- Laundry soap and line
- Camera and batteries
- Travel guide
- Identification and cash
- Phone including emergency numbers
- Plastic bags / garbage bags
Packing for a bike journey
Packing for a day in the office
Aqua Back Carrying Options
Aqua Back is a rear wheel pannier made from PVC-free tarpaulin that cyclists have grown to love. The bag has six different carrying and packing variations, depending on your needs. It can easily be adjusted to a larger or smaller size using the roll closure – and of course, it’s always absolutely waterproof.
- The shoulder strap is detachable and can also be used as a load strap.
- A simple inner pocket provides a clear overview.
- The pannier is mounted to your bike rack using the easily adjustable QMR 2.0 (Quick Mount Release) mounting system and can also be removed quickly and easily.
- The bag can be locked directly to the QMR hook with a mini lock for theft protection.
- Reflective elements also ensure good visibility in street traffic.