The VAUDE Green Shape label stands for environmentally-friendly, functional products made from sustainable and bluesign® certified materials.
Going the eco-friendly and fair route… this is what drives us and at the same time is the matter closest to heart.
We pay attention to environmental compatibility and sustainability throughout the entire life cycle of a product, from design and materials, through production, use and care, to recycling and disposal. Additional information can be found in our Sustainability Report.
The following Green Shape features make your ecological footprint even smaller with a VAUDE tent:
- timeless, long lasting products with high material efficiency and high quality
- repair and recyclability are taken into consideration
Environmentally friendly materials:
- use of certified, resource conserving materials
- over 50 % biobased or recycled materials in every product
- all sewing factories have verified social standards
Longer use, servicing and repair:
- can be washed at low temperatures
- no dry cleaning required
- VAUDE repair services, repair instructions and replacement parts
Recycling and disposal:
- high product quality enables second hand use
- cooperation in industry-wide take-back and recycling
These Green Shape criteria will be valid for all newly developed products starting with our Summer Season 2022 and for all products by summer 2024.
Anodizing aluminum poles provides long-lasting protection against corrosion. Our tent pole partner, DAC, has developed an anodizing process which reduces the environmental impact to a minimum: Thanks to Green Anodizing, it’s possible to save a large proportion of the phosphoric and nitric acid normally used in this process as well as 90 % of the petroleum-based cleaning agents.
Whenever it makes sense and current technology permits, this water and stain resistant finish is applied to the outer fabric of your product so that water pearls up and runs right off – without the use of environmentally harmful fluorocarbons (PFCs). This protects you from the rain and keeps the planet clean. Regular reapplication is necessary for permanent waterproofing and stain resistance.
- environmentally friendly water repellency and stain resistance
- optimal protection from rain and moisture
- no use of environmentally harmful fluorocarbons (PFC)
We have completely eliminated the use of hazardous PVC in all VAUDE products because we love nature. This robust, durable and high quality product is made with eco-friendly alternatives featuring absolutely comparable properties.
- without harmful PVC
- material is robust and durable
- environmentally-friendly manufacturing
bluesign® stands for the world’s strictest standard in terms of environmental protection, consumer protection and occupational safety. In order to obtain bluesign® certification, 95 % of all bluesign® requirements must be fulfilled for each individual product. This guarantees high transparency throughout the entire production chain.
VAUDE is a bluesign® partner so environmentally relevant aspects such as eco-friendly production and the careful use of resources are constantly monitored and improved upon, and sustainable production is guaranteed.
We abstain from using problematic substances
VAUDE tent components are not treated with flame-retardant substances, as these are harmful to both humans and to the planet.
In North America, fire-retardant equipment is mandatory, but we do not supply this market.