Packs'n Bags & Luggage
The VAUDE Green Shape label stands for environmentally-friendly, functional products made from sustainable and bluesign® certified materials.
Find the Green Shape certified collection for women, men and children in the VAUDE Shop. We are consistently pursuing a “green” path with integrated concepts and innovative products.
Going the eco-friendly and fair route… this is what drives us and at the same time is the matter closest to heart.
We pay attention to environmental compatibility and sustainability throughout the entire life cycle of a product, from design and materials, through production, use and care, to recycling and disposal.
Further information about Green Shape can be found in our Sustainability Report.
The following Green Shape features make your footprint even smaller when you choose a VAUDE backpack:
- timeless, long lasting products with high material efficiency and high quality
- repair and recyclability are taken into consideration
Environmentally friendly materials:
- use of certified, resource conserving materials
- over 50 % biobased or recycled materials in every product
- all sewing factories have verified social standards
Longer use, servicing and repair:
- can be washed at low temperatures
- no dry cleaning required
- VAUDE repair services, repair instructions and replacement parts
Recycling and disposal:
- high product quality enables second hand use
- cooperation in industry-wide take-back and recycling
These Green Shape criteria will be valid for all newly developed products starting with our Summer Season 2022 and for all products by summer 2024.
Recycled polyamide obtained from used items such as fishing nets or carpets. Rather than disposing of surplus materials or residuals from textile production, we collect, process and reuse them in our production facilities. Valuable resources are put to maximal use so we need as little new raw materials as possible, protecting our climate and saving CO2.
- resource-efficient production from residual materials
- maximum utilization of valuable raw resources
- contributes to CO2 reduction and climate protection
We extract fibers from the stalk of the plant for the robust fabrics of your high-quality and durable VAUDE product. Hemp is a commercial plant that is robust, hardy and grows quickly. It requires little water and no fertilizers or pesticides, making it a climate-friendly, environmentally-friendly renewable raw material.
- resilient hemp fiber for robust fabrics
- climate-friendly and environmentally-friendly cultivation without fertilizers or pesticides
- sustainable and a natural, fast growing renewable raw material
VAUDE products exclusively use sustainably produced and certified leather from the Heinen leather factory in Germany. This leather is especially eco-friendly and production meets the highest social and ecological standards.
This water and stain resistant finish is applied to the outer fabric of your product so that water pearls up and runs right off – without the use of environmentally harmful fluorocarbons (PFCs). This protects you from the rain and keeps the planet clean. Regular reapplication is necessary for permanent waterproofing and stain resistance.
- environmentally friendly water repellency and stain resistance
- optimal protection from rain and moisture
- no use of environmentally harmful fluorocarbons (PFC)
We have completely eliminated the use of hazardous PVC in all VAUDE products because we love nature. This robust, durable and high quality product is made with eco-friendly alternatives featuring absolutely comparable properties.
- without harmful PVC
- material is robust and durable
- environmentally-friendly manufacturing
This VAUDE product includes recycled polyester. Your VAUDE product still has full functionality. Recycled PES makes use of excess material from polyester production; rather than being disposed of as waste, it’s returned to the production cycle. The recycled polyester is first used to produce granules, which can then be spun into yarn and woven into fabric. Because no additional oil production is required, we can conserve resources and help protect the planet.
- full functionality of your VAUDE product
- reclaimed polyester conserves resources
- no additional petroleum production required
Partially made from certified organic cotton grown under strict ecological conditions. Cultivation requires less water consumption than conventional cotton and needs no chemical fertilizers, pesticides or genetic engineering. By buying organic cotton, VAUDE is contributing to the sustainable development of small farmers and to the preservation of biodiversity in areas of cultivation.
- renewable raw resource made from natural materials
- cultivated without chemical fertilizers, genetic engineering or pesticides
- protects the environment and reduces water consumption
Biobased plastic made from castor oil. The robust castor plant grows without artificial irrigation in poor soil that is unsuitable for growing food. Castor oil pressed from the beans of the plant is used to produce fiber for your VAUDE apparel and plastic components such as zips, buckles and hooks. The advantage: it has the same properties as conventional fiber made from crude oil – but is more climate-friendly because castor oil is a renewable resource that contributes to climate protection.
- biobased synthetic made from castor oil
- renewable raw material conserves fossil resources
- contributes to CO2 reduction and climate protection
Collect, clean, granulate and spin into high quality polyester yarn – that’s what’s involved in the recycling of PET bottles. In the manufacturing process, we can reduce energy consumption and CO2 emissions by up to 50% while completely eliminating the use of new fossil fuels. This conserves resources and keeps our ecological footprint small.
- high-quality polyester yarn made from recycled PET bottles
- reduces energy consumption and CO2 emissions by up to 50 percent
- climate-friendly and resource-efficient production
We use fabric remnants from our production facility to make unique products while saving valuable resources and eliminating waste. We create highly limited products with new color combinations and unique patterns for our customers. Of course, these products meet VAUDE’s high standards for functionality and sustainability – just like every other VAUDE product.
- unique products made from fabric remnants reduce waste
- meets our high standards for functionality
- sustainable production conserves resources