CARE AND CLEANING TENTS
- A floor protector is recommended to protect the tent from dirt and abrasion.
- After taking out the stakes, freestanding tents can be turned upside down and gently shaken out.
- Tents should only be packed wet in an emergency. Wet tents should be taken out of their packsack and hung up to dry
as soon as possible in order to prevent mold and milde growth.
- Difficult zips should be treated with a silicone spray and brushed with a toothbrush to improve performance.
- If a zip no longer closes correctly (the zipped section opens back up, for example) pinch the zip together gently near the lower end of the zipper pull with a small pair of pliers.
- If the tent gets very dirty, you can soak it in luke warm water (in the bath tub or shower). Do not use laundry detergent or other cleaners.
- Never launder a tent in a washing machine!
- After thoroughly soaking the tent, wash the dirty areas with a solution of Nikwax Tech Wash and water. A soft brush works well for this.
- Let the solution soak in for about 5 minutes, then wipe down the tent with a wet cloth. Rinse the cloth out thoroughly as you work.
- After cleaning the tent, treat it with Nikwax Tent and Gear Proof.
- Tents should be loosely folded together during storage. If this isn’t possible due to space considerations, they can also be stored in their packsack.
- Always dry your tent completely before storing it in a cool, well ventilated, dry space.
- Do not store a tent on a PVC floor or in direct contact with PVC materials, oils, or fuels (gas canisters, etc.)! The gasses emitted from these materials contain plasticizers that can damage your tent over time.
- Take care that sharp objects (stakes or poles) don’t push into the tent fabric. The best option is to roll the poles up in the tent
- Set up the tent in a dry, well ventilated location.
- All surfaces that will be treated with seam sealer should be clean and taught.
- Apply Silicone Seam Sealer from the inside to all seams.
- A brush with stiff bristles or a small sponge work best for applying the sealer.
- Use sparingly and allow to dry for 12 hours.
TIP: Seam Sealer
Use Silicone Seam Sealer on siliconised tents.